As the president of Behavioral Health Innovation (BHI), Jay develops and deploys telemental/telebehavioral health applications. He also serves as an advisor and telemental health consultant for the Mid Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center and in research and development for a national mental health organization.
- Bachelors degree in psychology, Baylor University.
- Masters degree in Counseling Psychology (cum laude), Trinity International University
- Licensed Professional Counselor (MI and SC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor (SC).
- Certifications: National Certified Counselor, Approved Clinical Supervisor, Distance Certified Counselor, Certified Telemedicine Clinical Presenter
Technology Products Developed
- OnlineDWI.com – Current pilot project in partnership with the State of North Carolina to provide remote video assessments and treatment for individuals who obtained a DWI NC.
- Adaptive TeleHealth – A HIPAA-secure platform for online video, therapy programming and online office features.
- Wyonline – An online therapy platform (direct-to-comsumer), clinic network, marketing program and referral process for the State of Wyoming Health Department.
- Enigma Health (Formerly Muse)– Product developer for Cambia Health Solutions/Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield. Designed an online therapy platform, online service model, clinical protocols and referral processes for mental health services.
- SleepCoach – Designed and sold an online insomnia treatment program purchased by Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA and chosen by an MIT-Harvard health informatics workgroup on behalf of of Partners Health as the insomnia treatment of choice for the Vanguard Health System.
- Breakthrough – Advisor/product developer for breakthrough.com (Awarded $5 million in Series A funding in 2013 and purchased by MDLive 11/2014)
- JBS contract reviewer for SAMHSA TIP: Using Technology-Based Therapeutic Tools in Behavioral Health Services
- President of the International Society for Mental Health Online (2013-present)
- Center for Credentialing & Education: Subject Matter Expert Reviewer for the Distance Counseling Credential
- Center for Credentialing & Education. Telemental health Subject Matter Expert and primary content developer for a new telemental health credential to be released in late 2015 (2013-present).
- ATA Standards Committee for Child and Adolescent Telemental Health (2014- present)
- Journal Article: State Licensure Laws in Telemental Health (under review The Professional Counselor journal)
- Maintains a current database of telemental health platforms and resources https://www.telementalhealthcomparisons.com
- Maintains a current database of all telemental health laws in all states for all mental health professions.
- HRSA Region 3 Webinar: Introduction to Telemental Health, 2015
- NFAR Summit 2015: Choosing and Using Apps for Behavioral Health
- MATRC Summit 2015: Introduction to Telemental Health
- ATTC – Telehealth Tuesday: HIPAA Compliance part I and II. 1/2015, 2/2015
- American Telemedicine Association Annual Conference 2015: State License Laws in Telemental Health 2015
- NASW NC Chapter 2014 The Essentials of Teletherapy
- American Association of State Counseling Boards 2014: Distance Counseling.
- American Telemedicine Association Annual Conference 2014: State License Laws in Telemental Health 2014: Requirements, Restrictions and Opportunities;
- NBCC Annual State License Board meeting 2014: Distance Counseling, A Comparison of State License Laws
- Psychotherapy Networker Conference 2013: Digital Therapy’s Future
- NBCC Annual State License Board meeting, 2013: Distance Counseling Update
- State of West Virginia Integrated Behavioral Health Conference: Creating and Implementing Clinically Sound, Innovative Treatment Programs
- NAADAC National Conference: HIPAA Compliance and Risk Management in TMH
You can contact Jay by reaching out through our contact form. Contact Us